The Benefits of Performing the Pilates Method are:
▪ Reduces stress
▪ Boosts your energy level
▪ Relieves pain, stiffness and tension
▪ Improves balance, coordination, stability and flexibility
▪ Develops core abdominal strength
▪ You develop a leaner and stronger body without building bulk
▪ Works with the deepest muscles of the body to build strength
▪ Improves mind/body awareness
▪ Exercises the muscles without pain or risking muscle tear or jarred joints
▪ Suitable for ANYONE, regardless of age or level of fitness
I recently submitted a short article regarding Pilates to the Kanawha County Women's Magazine. I thought I would share it here as well. Enjoy and stayCENTERED!!
WHAT IS PILATES?
Pilates is an exercise system developed by Joseph Pilates to align the spine, create a balanced musculature (by strengthening the muscles that are weak and creating flexibility in those that are tight) and improve overall health. Through breath, one engages the mind and body to perform exercises with attention to proper form and correct movement patterns.